Thursday, December 29, 2011

The bad goodbyes

Goodbyes are painful. People come visiting, their stay is wonderful, and when they leave i'm on my lowest low. I love the 'hulla gulla' and the unnecessary commotion, the late night chat sessions and the morning endless cups of tea sessions. Before you know it, time's up and they leave. Back to the same old routine. 


I'm generally very happy when i return home after a vacation. But there was this one time i wasn't. Two years into my marriage, my  parents saw me off at the delhi station on a train to chennai. And as the train moved, tears rolled down and soon i was howling!!! So much so that the co passengers got worried. I held myself together and started reminiscing the wonderful holiday that i'd just spent with everyone. My smile was back. 


Yet, the worst bye-bye till date has been the 'bidaai'... I won't say much, the emotions are too delicate to deal with! Lets put it this way, i can never ever get married again, only 'coz i cannot deal with the whole 'bidaai' thing. (And also coz MMW keeps me quite happy!!!)


What triggered off this post was that Aanya was looking for her grandparents the morning after they left. It's the first time she's remembered someone who's out of sight. Even if it may have been for five minutes, she searched for them. Soon, she got distracted. 


Today as she says 'tah-tah' and moves her hand in what can be construed as a 'ta-ta', she doesn't understand the meaning. I guess its not even the beginning for her... 




2 comments:

  1. ;'( I'm sure they felt equally bad. Lets hope there are many many more holidays sans the goodbyes. Love you Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was painful to leave you all specially after the wonderful time we all had with Aanu's mischief....well, that's life my dear...imagine my plight when both of you left the nest almost simultaneously! I've tried real hard to cope with that!Looking fwd to a family reunion soon!

    ReplyDelete